Gosh! I’ve been nominated for The Liebster Award by Hari of Hari’s Got Tales. I’ve been following him for a good couple of months now. I really enjoy reading his blogs of recipes and interesting Indonesian Chinese-Peranakan tales of superstitions. Do check him out!
Liebster is an loving German term and that mean ‘sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome’.
The Liebster Award is kind of a pay-it-forward blogger award. The rules are: If you receive one you must answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who awarded it to you, list 11 random facts about yourself, and then come up with your own 11 questions for the 11 bloggers you choose to bestow the award upon.
Hari had asked me the following questions and my responses are:
1. Name some of the most extreme foods you have ever eaten.
A snakes’ fest, where we have 9 courses of dishes made from snakes.
2. Name a thing you would not eat (not because of religious reasons), even if someone pay you lots of money to eat it.
Definitely not eat ‘Balut’, (duck eggs that have been incubated until the fetus is all feathery and beaky, and then boiled alive. Apparently, the bones give the eggs a uniquely crunchy texture!) *shivers*
3. How far have you ever traveled for food?
My family likes taking the car out for a spin in the country during weekends, and we have a few restaurants that we like and will drive a couple of hours to eat there. I guess this is not much about ‘traveling for food’, but family-bonding time.
4. What is your personal policy about food in the bedroom?
I don’t eat in my bedroom.
5. Where is the most unusual place you have ever dined in?
At an active volcano in Indonesia (pictures below)
6. Name three kitchen tools you are allowed to bring If you – in some crazy scenario – have to live in a deserted island for a month, where you have to eat whatever you can find there.
I travel light. I’ll just bring along my chopper…
7. If you are given the chance to launch your own perfume, with a condition that it is going to smell like food, what flavor is the main chord going to be?
Cinnamon – I like exotic spicy smells.
8. If you are a contestant in a cooking pageant – is there one? – and you have to cook something that represents yourself, what would it be?
9. What do you think about “junk” food?
I call them ‘indulgent‘ food! And once in a while is OK.
10. What is the worst thing you have ever eaten to impress someone or to “save you face”?
Err…mom’s cooking (when she’s in her experimental stage)
11. What is the best advice about food have you ever gotten?
Eat up and worry tomorrow! (The second part is me when I’m on a diet 🙂 )
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I love peanut butter – I can survive on peanut butter alone
2. I am part Manchurian
3. I am allergic to the shellfish
4. I love exercise
5. I have titanium pins in my leg from a trail-running accident, and I am still running.
6. I am a shopaholic
7. I am a perfectionist
8. I have amassed a huge cookbook collection, despite the fact that I don’t cook
9. I am a certified sommelier
10. I am always on some-kind of fad diet
11. I hate housework
The Liebster Award is a clayton’s award, meaning there is no real award. It’s existence is merely for fun and a way of discovering new blogs.
Drum rolls for my nominees, please!
1. Travel tales from Danny and Vivian: http://lifeabouttravel.com
2. Renxykyoko’s Space: http://megaworthit.wordpress.com
3. Life of a Gwai Mui and a HongKonger (Anecdoctes on intermarriage): http://myhongkonghusband.wordpress.com
4. YQ Travelling (Currently studying Spanish in Peru): http://yqtravelling.com
5. Nathan Dulce (Foodie’s blog): http://nathandulce.com
6. Tulips in March (Foodie’s blog): http://tulipsinmarch.wordpress.com
7. Foodie’s blog: http://eilxrrrworld.wordpress.com
8. Viva Japanesque (Japanese foodie’s blog): http://raipohangaround.wordpress.com
9. Writing about her happy daily life in Japan: http://happyuan.wordpress.com
10. Conversations with Locals in China (Anecdotes on life in China): http://chinaelevatorstories.com
11. Two youngins and their silly stories in a city of 24 million people: http://sillyinshanghai.wordpress.com
My questions for my nominees
1. Why are you blogging?
2. What is your favourite cuisine?
3. If you could have one wish, what would it be?
4. You have 10 bucks. What do you do with it?
5. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
6. What is your proudest moment?
7. If you could do it all over, what would you be doing right now in your life?
8. What can you not live without?
Since I find the following questions asked by Hari very intriguing, I am going to recycle his questions:
9. Name a thing you would not eat (not because of religious reasons), even if someone pay you lots of money to eat it.What’s your favorite site/book/thing you share with people?
10. If you are given the chance to launch your own perfume, with a condition that it is going to smell like food, what flavor is the main chord going to be?
11. If you are a contestant in a cooking pageant – is there one? – and you have to cook something that represents yourself, what would it be?
As time consuming as this can be, I hope my Nominees accept this award by passing it on! Cheers! x